Six Words Mantra: Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion.
The mantra Om Mani Padme Hum is easy to say yet quite powerful, because it contains the essence of the entire teaching.
- When you say the first syllable Om it is blessed to help you achieve perfection in the practice of generosity
- Ma helps perfect the practice of pure ethics
- Ni helps achieve perfection in the practice of tolerance and patience.
- Pad, the fourth syllable, helps to achieve perfection of perseverance
- Me helps achieve perfection in the practice of concentration
- And the final sixth syllable Hum helps achieve perfection in the practice of wisdom
So in this way recitation of the mantra helps achieve perfection in the six practices from generosity to wisdom. The path of these six perfections is the path walked by all the Buddhas of the three times. What could then be more meaningful than to say the mantra and accomplish the six perfections?
Tagua Nut:The indigenous people of South America used Tagua to represent the feminine because of its great magnet-like romantic energy. Each member of the tribe was given a tagua pendant to wear around his or her neck. The natives believed that persons wearing tagua would live in harmony and always be loved by their family and friends. In one year a tagua palm produces the same amount of "ivory" as one female elephant. The tagua nuts, however, are harvested by hand without harming the tree. In addition to protecting animal ivory, tagua products help preserve tropical rainforests by providing a sustainable income for forest people.
- Unique design
- Pendant Size: 25mm
- Pendant: Handmade carved tagua nut
- Length: About 38cm
- Gender: Unisex